Finding the ideal pair of sunglasses is not easy in most cases. Earlier, making the right choice was all about the style of the frame and color of the glasses. But today, with advanced technology, there are several things to consider that go way beyond appearance. Before you go shopping for sunglasses, take a look at a few tips that will help you select the right one.
Look for a customizable fit
Gone are the days when you struggled to keep your sunglasses on your face as you can now get options with an adjustable fit. Take a pair of black Oakley® KATO sunglasses with Prizm™ lens technology, for example. It has nose pads, a tilt feature, and an ergonomic design for an exact fit. If this particular choice is outside your budget, look for these little features before you order a new pair of sunglasses.
UVA and UVB protection are a must
This one is a no-brainer since you will be spending a substantial amount of time outdoors wearing your sunglasses. So, choose the pair with maximum ultraviolet protection. This will prevent the harmful rays of the sun from damaging your eyes. Avoid buying glasses that don’t have a tag highlighting the UV-protection information.
Choose polarized lenses for better clarity
Polarized lenses not only keep your eyes safe, they also improve the visibility of the glasses. You get better color, clarity, and contrast. The Oakley® Flak 2.0 polarized lenses take it a step further with an exclusive technology that clarifies 99% of reflected glare. Such lenses are preferred by athletes who have to wear sunglasses for a long time.
If you have an eye prescription, use it
If you have poor vision, wearing sunglasses without a prescription can really harm your eyes. There are coveted eyewear brands that customize sunglasses to suit your vision. For instance, Ray-Ban® has prescription sunglasses that also come with a choice between single vision and progressive lenses.
Buy better by availing discounts
Get the best glasses within your budget by looking for discounts. Many brands offer heavy discounts during major holidays and also for certain services. Did you know there’s an Oakley® sunglasses military discount for service members? So don’t forget to look through the brand websites before you zero down on your pair of sunglasses!
Risks and preventive measures associated with herpesRead More...
Risk factors to be concerned about
- If you are suffering from Herpes and any other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), you have a probability of having a weakened immune system. This means you are prone to have more and severe outbreaks of Genital Herpes as well as Mouth or Oral Herpes.
- Complications are there in this situation such as developing AIDS and being susceptible to other serious diseases as well.
- Other risk may include suffering from Meningitis, an infection of the Cerebrospinal Fluid and tissues present within the brain and spinal cord, Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain), and inflammation in the spinal cord region, usually in the lower part, which results in constipation, difficulty in urinating, etc.
- Herpes can also develop on the lips (Herpes Labialis), which are commonly known as “cold sores” or “fever blisters”. This is usually very severe than any other types of Herpes associated with the genitals and eyes, which can lead you to blindness if not treated early and persistent irritations in the eyes causing pain and itching.
- Newborn babies who are born with the infection suffer from brain damage, blindness, and even death.
- Genital herpes can also develop serious and critical bladder problems. This can happen as sometimes, the tube which carries urine from bladder to urethra may get inflamed and due to this, the urethra may remain closed for a certain amount of time. During this period, you may need the help of an artificial catheter to drain the bladder.
Preventive measures for Herpes
- Preventive measures through which contracting Herpes can be reduced to some extent are there to help you out. There are also ways by which you might lessen the frequency of those outbreaks within a short span of time. Follow these measures strictly and prevent Herpes effectively.
- Stop touching your blisters often. Touching it will make you spread the disease to other parts of your body, that too without your knowledge. When you touch the blister, fluids come out and this fluid, if comes in contact with any other unaffected part, will automatically spread the infection.
- Be on your antiviral medicine. It is better to be on medication as soon as you sense the symptoms to prevent the infection from spreading than trying to fix it after it has already occurred.
- Keep your antiviral medicine handy always.
- If you are pregnant and have had outbreaks before, let your doctor know about it in details. Tell him/her if you are suffering from any outbreaks during the pregnancy too. This has to be immediately taken care of.
- Have a safe sexual relationship. Be careful about your sexual relationship. Before making any advancements in your sexual life, talk about STI or STD with your partner, learn about her/his risks of developing an STI. Make sure your partner does not have an STI too. Also don’t indulge yourself in more than one sexual relationship as it increases the chance of infection.
- Use latex condoms during sexual interactions. You can either use female or male condoms depending on the comfort level of you and your partner. Condoms always reduce the chances of spreading Herpes. Avoid having oral sex.
Tips on wearing a collarless leather jacket during fallRead More...
The great thing about collarless leather jackets is their versatility. Whether you’re tough looking, petite, tall, short, baby-faced, blonde or dark-haired, it does not matter.
Colorful leather jackets, cropped leather jackets, and patterned leather jackets might work well with specific looks. For an overall best buy, go for a black one. Remember, anyone can carry a leather jacket well if paired perfectly with a pair of denim.
Here are some tips on how to carry off a collarless leather jacket during fall:
- One, for a sure-fire fall vibe, layer a collarless jacket over a plaid shirt left open with a t-shirt inside, skinny jeans and ankle length boots.
- For a dressy look that resonates with fall, pair the jacket with a light-colored midi skirt, a dark top and ankle length boots.
- For a tough look, wear a cropped leather jacket with cameo pants, beanie, and heels.
- For a casual day out with your boyfriend, wear a colorful leather jacket or a studded one with a plain tee shirt, blue jeans, a statement necklace and an attractive pair of heels.
- To make the maximum use of your summery dresses, team up a leather jacket with a free-flowing maxi and comfortable yet stylish footwear during fall. Or, your short, white summer dresses can be paired with black tights, black jacket, and combat boots to make it work for the fall. The same can be done for summer skirt and a tank top. Add a jacket, leggings and boots and you are set for the fall.
- For a super casual look, team up the jacket with leggings, long sleeved tops, and knee-high boots. If you want to look cute while you are at it, accessorize it with a scarf. For a classic casual look, go for a brown leather jacket, a striped tee shirt, and skinny blue jeans.
- For work, keep yourself warm by adding a collarless leather jacket over a sweater with a professional looking skirt.
- If you’d rather not wear leggings during fall, skip them for knee-high boots, dress, a scarf, and, of course, a cropped leather jacket.
- For a fun and bright look during fall, wear a collarless black leather jacket with a white top and colored jeans.
- For a date night, pair your dress with sheer leggings, knee-high boots, and a studded leather jacket.