Asthma, being a chronic condition, has no specific diagnosis or treatment, which is why identifying the causes will help better understand the symptoms.
Causes of asthma
Various allergies, smoking, consumption of tobacco, environmental factors, stress, tension, obesity, and even genetics can be leading causes of developing asthma symptoms with very few visual indicators to identify the cause.
Common symptoms of asthma
- One of the common symptoms of asthma is a dry cough with phlegm. Home remedies can give temporary relief until the severity of the condition can be diagnosed, and a recommended course of treatment can be prescribed for the same.
- A number of respiratory problems like difficulty in breathing, wheezing, respiratory infections, and shortness of breath are all caused due to the airways being blocked persistently, thus interrupting air flow going to your lungs.
- A cough is a very common symptom and does not necessarily indicate that a person might be in the beginning stages of developing asthmatic problems.
- However, a chronic cough is a clear indicator that the condition has been induced due to both internal and external allergens, which then is a clear cause for concern.
There are many ingredients that you can use at your home to counter at best cope with the after-effects fo asthma symptoms to alleviate some of the discomforts caused. Here are some easy home remedies you can incorporate into your daily diet to help tackle developing or even persistent asthma symptoms.
Parsley leaf: When it comes to herbal remedies, nothing beats parsley. Tea made from parley leaves will help soothe your throat and take care of any congestion that is causing difficulty in breathing and swallowing. Simple and very easy to make, parsley tea is a great remedy for respiratory symptoms of asthma.
Milk and olive oil: The combination of warm milk mixed with olive oil might not sound very appealing on the first onset; however, this has proven to be an effective natural remedy. A few garlic cloves added to this combination will open up blocked passageways without much effort or time invested.
Herbal tea: Two distinct ways of preparing herbal tea, one involves the use of licorice root, and the other is a combination of lime juice, crushed ginger, and herbal tea. Both will help tackle some of the moderate asthma symptoms, though the licorice recipe might taste a bit odd.
Bitter gourd juice: A tasty paste made by crushing basil leaves and mixing it with honey, incorporated into freshly extracted bitter gourd juice proves to be an effective remedy for people who are suffering from recurrent asthmatic attacks.
Soup: Soup not only is comfort food but also has time and time proven to be an effective remedy for asthma symptoms. Radish naturally has rich, strong properties, the juice of which when combined with some honey and freshly squeezed lemon will help in clearing up the respiratory tract. This helps open up the airways and aids in effective breathing.
Wild gooseberries: The juice of gooseberries, freshly squeezed when combined with honey not only makes a tasty drink, but also the combination helps tackle a number of asthma symptoms like a cough, wheezing, dry cough, and more.
Fruits: Fruits are rich in a number of vitamins and essential nutrients that are vital for the immune system which is why fruits like blueberries, strawberries, and oranges are all a great choice to prepare drinks which can help reduce the discomfort from various asthma symptoms. These fruits can also be combined to make tasty concoctions with lemon which is essentially rich in vitamin C.
Cooked vegetables: Inflammation of the airway is one of the most important symptoms of an asthma attack which is why vegetables which are rich in anti-inflammatory properties have been proven effective to reduce the discomfort. Onions are especially rich in anti-inflammatory properties which is why their consumption should be increased to help open up the airway and help with restoring normal breathing.
Honey: Honey is a very versatile ingredient which can be incorporated into any juice or mixture for providing long-term relief from asthma symptoms, provided it is consumed on a regular basis. A quick and natural remedy for asthma care, even a couple of spoonfuls every day will essentially do the trick.
Eucalyptus oil: A natural and very strong remedy when it comes to tackling many common asthma symptoms. Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in boiling water and take regular steams to help open up the nose canal and airways in your lungs to provide long-term relief. Simple and inexpensive, eucalyptus oil can be availed at any medical store.
Cloves and ginger: Both are rich in medicinal properties and being versatile ingredients, they can be incorporated into simple homemade recipes. Cloves and ginger can also be simply crushed and mixed with warm water and honey to provide good relief from recurrent or even persistent asthma symptoms.
How to fund your college degree programRead More...
It’s not a surprising fact that college education is an expensive investment to make. This is the primary reason why most young students end up opting for jobs straight after high school. But, limited financial resources doesn’t mean that pursuing a college degree is impossible. If you happen to be in a similar situation, there is no need to be perplexed. To help you get organized and started, here are some effective strategies for funding your college degree.
Student loan – The most common remedy for alleviating the burden of college fees is taking loans from financial institutions. Usually, these are offered to students after scrutinizing factors like parent’s or guarantor’s income, academic profiles, and courses applied for. If you have an ideal financial profile, then you may secure a significant amount of loan at a lower rate of interest. However, if this is not the case then, you can consider dropping an application in a co-operative institution or federal programs.
Merit-based scholarships – Almost all the colleges you will be applying too will have a scholarship program based on merit. If you have wonderful grades and an impressive overall performance in high school, they can significantly lower your financial strain by waiving a part amount of your fees. So, ensure that you begin preparing at least a year before the college starts accepting applications. This will give you an upper hand to work on all your areas of weaknesses and help you build a better academic profile.
Scholarships outside college – There are several institutions and corporate companies which offer paying for education if you perfectly fit in the prescribed criteria. Mostly, such scholarships not only take your merit into account but also consider your financial hardships and additional setbacks. These scholarships can be meant for a single discipline of study like engineering, liberal arts, mathematics, etc. or might fund all kinds of college degrees.
Part-time job – Funding your college also involves additional expenses like accommodation, food, books, etc. Therefore, if you can support miscellaneous costs like these by getting a part-time job. Although, in such cases, time management is everything as college schedules can be demanding. So, make sure that you don’t unnecessarily strain yourself by working in long shifts.
7 factors to look for before purchasing a 4K television setRead More...
Before choosing any attractive smart TV or selecting an excellent 4K TV deal, be careful unless you want to lose some essential desired features such as Ultra-HD quality. Like every electronic product, purchasing a TV is can be complicated due to a huge number of choices, brands, and offers. Here’s a list of the aspects which one must consider while buying a 4K TV.
- Be sure that it’s 4K TV: The name 4K suggests that the TV has 4 times more resolution than a normal HD set with 1080p. In this case, the screen resolution will be 3840 x 2160 or 2160p whereas TV sets offer a maximum of only 1920 x 1080p. A 4K TV has 8 million pixels in a smart TV. This will give a clearer picture, mainly in case of larger screens. The difference might not be as evident as that of a standard definition or a high definition TV. TV sets like Microsoft’s Xbox One support 4K and online streaming sites like YouTube or Netflix demand such features. During sales, crosscheck the quality of the smart TV before going for a cheaper deal. Make sure you’re not getting a 65″ 1080p deal instead of a 4K set.
- Ensure that the TV is UHD premium: The manufacturers of TV sets have come together with UhD premium to fulfill all the fundamental criteria that the makers have agreed to. Anything less than it will give wrong features as well as won’t be safe for future. A resolution of minimum 3840*2160 with 10-bit color depth or 1024 shades of primary colors to meet the finest shades more prominent, High-dynamic range, and many other features are there for UHD premium TVs. Do the research and be sure that you are taking your desired TV.
- HDR capability: The high depth color and the richness of the high dynamic range makes a 4K TV worth buying. If you are opting for a new TV set, don’t be satisfied in any less. There is more than one kind of HDR like HDR10 format, Dolby vision format for different brands.
- Curved or Flat: In terms of TV technology, the curved TVs were hyped as the next big thing but eventually phased out. The flat screens are the thing presently. Although it depends on personal views, curved TV also offers a very good picture quality and it’s quite good in terms of reflection.
- Ensure to get 10-bit: Old technological features offer 8-bit, there is now 10- and 12-bit that have a close range of colors. According to experts, a 10-bit must future proof the TV for a long time, and is essential for real HDR display. Don’t go for anything less which might be cheaper but not worthy.
- OLED or LED: Nowadays almost all TV sets have LED display, which is a backlit one and can produce awesome brightness. However, this is not great for displaying darker images. Another costly alternative is the OLED that covers up this issue and can display perfect black pictures in spite of struggling with brighter ones. OLED screens use pixel-by-pixel basis for lighting the screen; so in the case of one dark scene, all the black pixels are completely shut off, to show a perfect black. It has more contrast that produces a richer image.
- Know about input lag and refresh rate: It’s an important aspect for video gamers as the games need to twitch like reflexes. Input lag is an obstruction in case of this factor and a lower input lag of TV can give faster image transfer from a game console or Blu-ray player onto the display screen. For most people, this is not an important factor; however, for hard-core gamers, smart TVs with low level of input lags are the best.