Home improvement and home design is one of the foremost areas that we look after, once we own a home. Even when we rent a place, we want the space to reflect our true personalities. This is where home improvement stores come in. While seasonal and annual changes may look like a big cost to bear, there are ways and means of making life easier. For this, we have one word for you – coupons! You can sign up for coupons and deals from these home improvement and super stores so that you do not have to worry about cost cutting any longer! Take a look at our definitive guide!
- Home Depot: This is one the largest home improvement chain stores in the US. Here, you can find a variety of departments and niches that will help you take care of your home improvement and redecorating needs. You can try basic building essentials like plumbing and wiring material, rubbing shoulders with decorating items like furniture, rugs and much more. Also, you can easily stock up on home electrical appliances so that your space is well equipped to handle a number of functions in a comfortable manner.
- Lowes: This is another home improvement chain store in the US with a plethora of products that go from building material to appliances and electronics for the home as well as a paint department, a furniture department and much more. You can easily pick up a number of items for any DIY project you are planning to undertake, or you can simply take expert advice on how to redecorate your home with product recommendations for the same. Take your pick from the high quality material available in its various departments of the store, to make your home a wholesome one with comfort, good looks and complete functionality.
- Walmart: This is one of the premium everyday stores in the USA, with its presence in all states and towns. Here, you can shop for everyday essentials that range from wardrobe to home and beyond. You can also shop at the extensive home improvement department, which stocks up the best material at uber-reasonable prices and deals that you can avail online and at the stores as well. With art, curios, crockery, linen and other such departments, you can easily find all the items you need for doing up your home!
- Target: This is another American chain of super stores with a wide presence. This extremely popular chain stocks many kinds of items ranging from fashion to work, school and even home. From the home section, you can find a number of things that will help you design your home, bath, kitchen and various other areas with the trendiest items like furniture, organizers, and other such products.
In order to avail such deals, you would do well to sign up for the newsletters and emailers of these stores, so that you get constant updates. You can also search for coupons by these store on other deal-based websites.
Picking the best cell phone providerRead More...
Choosing the best cell phone providers for your new smartphone purchase can be a tedious task. There are a lot of cell phone providers in the market with competitive prices and deals which can be mind boggling. While there is a lot of dependency on WiFi and broadband connectivity, mobile data is the biggest problem faced by most of the smartphone users these days. So how do you find the right plan for your smartphone and your family’s needs? Here are few points to consider when choosing cell phone providers for your new smartphone:
- Post- or Pre-paid
Usually, the best cell phone providers offer better post-paid mobile plans as compared to those of pre-paid. If you are a heavy user of mobile data and are constantly on the move and traveling out of the country, look for the best post-paid deals for your smartphone. Sprint is simply the best, and it offers good reliability. The plans they offer are superb and affordable. The provider gives attractive roaming perks, 2G data, and unlimited texting options. Usually, the rates are about 20 cents a minute. Even good discounts are offered on plans. These are more cost-effective with regard to roaming services and network connectivity. If you are someone who uses WiFi and needs the mobile service for basic 3G network and calls, pre-paid options will work for you as they are focused more on calls, SMS, and roaming within different states.
- Type of Smart Phone
Generally, older models of smartphones don’t go well with certain network providers because of the outdated operating system. Faulty battery, older models of processors, and small internal storage can also lead to slowing down of your phone, which can result in slow browsing on the internet. A lot of cell phone providers tie-up with mobile operators to provide the best smartphone with a ready data plan for use. Do your research on the plans available and the type of cell phones available with a particular mobile operator before finalizing on one.
- Counting Your Phone Lines
If you are looking for a cell phone plan for your entire family including your spouse, parents, and kids, it is important to count the total number of phone lines and speak to your operator accordingly for the best plan.The mobile operator can give you a basic idea of the entire data consumption of your family and accordingly offer you the best deal and plan for you. Note that the more mobile data you choose to purchase in a plan, the more your cost per phone drops. So, try to choose a higher data plan.
A lot of mobile operators also offer additional discounts on home WiFi services especially if they notice you are a loyal customer of their services. For instance, Metro PCS offers value for money plans. They charge about $30 per month and offer 1 GB of LTE data. They also have an option of offering 3 GB data for about $10 extra. You can combine plans and take whatever you want as per your suitability. If you are taking it for your family, you get good discounts too. For example, you get four plans at about $140. Metro PCS also has a maximized feature in which low-resolution video is streamed so that not much data is used.
Try to be patient yet persistent with your mobile network demands and the operators will definitely help you with providing the best plan for you and your family.
- Post- or Pre-paid
A few tips to clean hardwood floorRead More...
There are many hardwood floor cleaners available in the market. But care should be taken that the best wood floor cleaning products do not contain harsh chemicals, and they do not make the floor slippery. The best wood floor cleaning products should be chemical-free and should remove dust and grime from the floor.
Ammonia cleans hardwood floor and removes germs; however as ammonia is highly poisonous, fumes can rise if the space that is cleaned with ammonia is not well ventilated. The fumes are dangerous, and they can be hazardous to the people and pets living in the house. Another disadvantage is that they leave scratches on the floor.
The best wood floor cleaning products are the ones that clean the surface without making it slippery. The wood floor cleaning products should be free of harsh chemicals and should maintain the natural texture of the floor. It is always safe to use vegetable-based cleaning products that do not lead to toxicity.
The danger with wood floor cleaning products that make the floor slippery is that the pets and small kids living in the house can hurt themselves when they run or play around, which happens in almost every household. Kids in the house are the ones who suffer the most when the floor is cleaned with products which leave a toxic residue. They play with toys on the floor, and when they put these toys in their mouth, it can be dangerous to their health.
A regular cleaning procedure should involve dusting the floor by using a mop which is treated with dusting agent so that it picks up the maximum of dust and pet hair. The weekly cleaning procedure should include vacuum cleaning the floor using a brush attachment or by using an electric broom. It’s better not to choose a vacuum attachment which can scratch the wooden floor.
Even though people follow a weekly regime of cleaning the house, dirt and grime get stuck to the floor. Using a sponge or a mop to clean the wooden floor using water and wooden cleaning solution can remove the dirt and grime from the floor. It is always better to mop again with a damp cloth or mop to remove the moisture from the floor so that dirt does not get accumulated on the wet floor.
Let us look at some of the tips which can remove the marks on the wooden floor:
- For marks and stains that are deep, bleach and vinegar can be applied on the floor. Allow the application to soak into the floor for an hour and rinse it with a damp cloth.
- Heel marks are common marks on the wooden floor which can be removed by applying floor wax on the wall.
- Oil-based stains on the wooden floor can be removed by using a liquid detergent or dishwasher detergent liquid.
- Watermarks on the wooden floor can be removed by using floor wax and steel wool scrub.
A hardwood floor can be kept clean by placing mats near the entry door and all the entrances which lead to the garden and open areas. Following some tips such as placing a rug or large mat in the kid’s room can help in avoiding stains and marks on the floor. As pets cause stains on wooden floors, allotting a certain place in the house for pets and training them to be in that place can help in avoiding the stains caused by pets. Placing large mats in the pet area can help in avoiding the stains on the wooden floor.