The Apple iPad 4 (fourth generation) was launched in 2012 amidst much excitement and anticipation. This iPad was an instant hit and had almost completely replaced the iPad 3 in the market only within a few months of the launch. Read on to know more about the features of this once amazing tablet.
What made this iPad an instant hit as compared to its previous versions was its Retina Display. It added crispness to the display and everyone loved how their screen looked. This feature was accompanied by a better processor—the A6X processor. It offered superior performance as compared to the previous model. Along with these, Apple had replaced the front VGA camera with a 1.3 MP HD sensor camera.
The Apple iPad 4 used to run on iOS6. The OS changed every year, till the time the sales of this iPad were discontinued. Therefore, the OS you will get with an iPad 4 will depend on the year of the model and might range from iOS 6 to iOS 10.3. You need to note that because this iPad model is old, it is likely that you will not find any new tablets on the market. However, you might find used or refurbished models if you intend on buying it.
With regard to design, the Apple iPad 4 had nothing new to offer as compared to its predecessors. It looked very similar to its previous model and was almost completely identical to the iPad 2. The only difference between the iPad 2 and iPad 4 was the weight, as the latter was 60 grams heavier and was known to cause arm strain after prolonged usage. This tablet has curved edges, an oleo-phobic glass, a scratch-resistant surface, and an aluminum chassis that puts it far ahead in competition with Android tablets.
Memory and storage
Apple had upgraded this tablet’s RAM to 1GB, making is better than the iPad 2. This tablet was available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB variants, with no extra slot for external memory cards.
This tablet was much loved for its simple interface. The Apple iPad 4 came as fresh change after the iPad 3, which was slow, complicated, and had many other flaws that made the fans of the brand lap up every tiny feature that the iPad 4 brought with it. As already mentioned, you may not find this tablet in the market right now, both online and offline. If you do find one, be careful to check if it is a used or refurbished piece and negotiate the price accordingly.
Risks and preventive measures associated with herpesRead More...
Risk factors to be concerned about
- If you are suffering from Herpes and any other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), you have a probability of having a weakened immune system. This means you are prone to have more and severe outbreaks of Genital Herpes as well as Mouth or Oral Herpes.
- Complications are there in this situation such as developing AIDS and being susceptible to other serious diseases as well.
- Other risk may include suffering from Meningitis, an infection of the Cerebrospinal Fluid and tissues present within the brain and spinal cord, Encephalitis (inflammation of the brain), and inflammation in the spinal cord region, usually in the lower part, which results in constipation, difficulty in urinating, etc.
- Herpes can also develop on the lips (Herpes Labialis), which are commonly known as “cold sores” or “fever blisters”. This is usually very severe than any other types of Herpes associated with the genitals and eyes, which can lead you to blindness if not treated early and persistent irritations in the eyes causing pain and itching.
- Newborn babies who are born with the infection suffer from brain damage, blindness, and even death.
- Genital herpes can also develop serious and critical bladder problems. This can happen as sometimes, the tube which carries urine from bladder to urethra may get inflamed and due to this, the urethra may remain closed for a certain amount of time. During this period, you may need the help of an artificial catheter to drain the bladder.
Preventive measures for Herpes
- Preventive measures through which contracting Herpes can be reduced to some extent are there to help you out. There are also ways by which you might lessen the frequency of those outbreaks within a short span of time. Follow these measures strictly and prevent Herpes effectively.
- Stop touching your blisters often. Touching it will make you spread the disease to other parts of your body, that too without your knowledge. When you touch the blister, fluids come out and this fluid, if comes in contact with any other unaffected part, will automatically spread the infection.
- Be on your antiviral medicine. It is better to be on medication as soon as you sense the symptoms to prevent the infection from spreading than trying to fix it after it has already occurred.
- Keep your antiviral medicine handy always.
- If you are pregnant and have had outbreaks before, let your doctor know about it in details. Tell him/her if you are suffering from any outbreaks during the pregnancy too. This has to be immediately taken care of.
- Have a safe sexual relationship. Be careful about your sexual relationship. Before making any advancements in your sexual life, talk about STI or STD with your partner, learn about her/his risks of developing an STI. Make sure your partner does not have an STI too. Also don’t indulge yourself in more than one sexual relationship as it increases the chance of infection.
- Use latex condoms during sexual interactions. You can either use female or male condoms depending on the comfort level of you and your partner. Condoms always reduce the chances of spreading Herpes. Avoid having oral sex.
Tips on wearing a collarless leather jacket during fallRead More...
The great thing about collarless leather jackets is their versatility. Whether you’re tough looking, petite, tall, short, baby-faced, blonde or dark-haired, it does not matter.
Colorful leather jackets, cropped leather jackets, and patterned leather jackets might work well with specific looks. For an overall best buy, go for a black one. Remember, anyone can carry a leather jacket well if paired perfectly with a pair of denim.
Here are some tips on how to carry off a collarless leather jacket during fall:
- One, for a sure-fire fall vibe, layer a collarless jacket over a plaid shirt left open with a t-shirt inside, skinny jeans and ankle length boots.
- For a dressy look that resonates with fall, pair the jacket with a light-colored midi skirt, a dark top and ankle length boots.
- For a tough look, wear a cropped leather jacket with cameo pants, beanie, and heels.
- For a casual day out with your boyfriend, wear a colorful leather jacket or a studded one with a plain tee shirt, blue jeans, a statement necklace and an attractive pair of heels.
- To make the maximum use of your summery dresses, team up a leather jacket with a free-flowing maxi and comfortable yet stylish footwear during fall. Or, your short, white summer dresses can be paired with black tights, black jacket, and combat boots to make it work for the fall. The same can be done for summer skirt and a tank top. Add a jacket, leggings and boots and you are set for the fall.
- For a super casual look, team up the jacket with leggings, long sleeved tops, and knee-high boots. If you want to look cute while you are at it, accessorize it with a scarf. For a classic casual look, go for a brown leather jacket, a striped tee shirt, and skinny blue jeans.
- For work, keep yourself warm by adding a collarless leather jacket over a sweater with a professional looking skirt.
- If you’d rather not wear leggings during fall, skip them for knee-high boots, dress, a scarf, and, of course, a cropped leather jacket.
- For a fun and bright look during fall, wear a collarless black leather jacket with a white top and colored jeans.
- For a date night, pair your dress with sheer leggings, knee-high boots, and a studded leather jacket.