6 Basic Elements That Need To Be A Part Of Your Photography KitRead More...
Photography is the art of capturing a moment be it a picture of a stunning landscape or a portrait of rare visuals you come across while exploring. With what you take the picture, doesn’t matter! What matters is how you take that first click.
For some, photography is just a hobby. For others, it’s their livelihood, and everything depends on how well the picture has been taken. It doesn’t matter if you are just starting out, all photography needs is a passion for the craft and the patience to learn.
Here are a few basic things that will form part of your very own camera and photo essentials kit:
- Perhaps the most substantial and significant investment when you are just starting out.
- However with so many makes and models of professional DSLR camera’s available in the market, finding the right one for the best price can be very confusing.
- When you are just starting out, buying a high-end professional grade camera is not recommended, even if you can afford it.
- Instead, buy a DSLR camera which has basic yet useful functionality when it comes to different shooting modes and picture settings.
- Just buying a camera body will not suffice, you will also need a number of lenses to shoot and click pictures for different settings and purposes.
- For a basic camera and photo kit, buying a prime lens and zoom lens, with one for specific wide angle shots will be more than enough to get you started on the basics.
Camera kit bag
- When you are investing a good amount of money in buying the right camera and photo kits and accessories, buying the right portable camera bag is the next logical step.
- Camera lenses and even the camera itself consists of delicate moving parts which are also expensive to replace in case of any damage.
- A good camera and photo essentials bag will allow you to carry your gear for both indoor and outdoor shoots with ease.
- A good tripod will provide all the stability that you will ever need to click the best portrait and landscape pictures.
- Tripod forms an integral part of your camera and photo essentials kit, especially for people who are interested in travel photography.
- The tripod will allow a stable support even on rugged terrains to help you take a beautiful picture of that soaring eagle in the Grand Canyons, without having to worry about messing up manual focusing because you are too preoccupied trying to balance a heavy DSLR camera.
- Traditional cameras previously worked with film rolls, which would produce a negative print and the same would be then processed to provide with positive print on paper.
- This process was, however, time-consuming, which is why when digital SLR cameras were developed, memory cards replaced the film rolls.
- You want to purchase a high quality and capacity memory card for your professional grade camera, to get the best results when you process the finished product.
External flash and speedlight
- For the best results, professional photographers use external flash kits and speedlights as part of their camera and photo kit which are excellent lighting sources to click pictures in dim light or low light conditions.
- The traditional flash inbuilt in your DSLR will not provide the intended result when it comes to quality and color, which is why a speed light is used.
- The system is efficient since the speedlight is activated for a fraction of a second when the shutter releases to take the picture, which is why it is also not too harsh on the elements that you want to cover within the frame.
- However, speedlights are expensive accessories and generally should be bought only when you plan to take pictures professionally.
A Timeline Of Ebook ReadersRead More...
An electronic book reader or a universal name, the eBook reader, is one of the latest development in interactive electronic technology. It is a digital form of text-based publications. Some eBook may contain images and graphical forms, most of the formats are text-based.
They are designed so that they can be read on a compatible electronic device. eBooks are stored in the form of electronic files. The file size is small, so you can store a number of books, making them easy to share and purchase. It makes them a perfect companion for travel reading, making electronic notes. eBook readers have a come long since their first appearance.
- The first automated reader, which is a precursor to all the versatile eBook readers available today was invented by Angela Ruiz Robles back in 1940’s.
- The first design of eBook reader was a very simple prototype that printed texts onto a spool that was operated by compressed air. Yes, this reader was not an eBook reader and did go for mass production but is still hailed as one of the first automated readers of that time.
- It was the invention of the internet that took the eBook reader and related accessories to the next level. The first eBooks took the advantage of Internet by sharing files and information. It was somewhere around 1970’s when a student from University of Illinois used a computer and ARPAnet (which would be later become internet) typed in some messages in Capital letters on the computer that was connected to some data processing machine. The text message was available for download and was downloaded by six other people that were on ARPAnet. This is how the first eBook was born.
- With widespread of the internet, a company published one of its hypertext fiction around 1985. This eBook was available on floppy disk.
- In the year 1993, a company launched a website that sold eBooks over the internet. With this, it also became the first company to create financial exchange system over the Internet. So, in a way, computers were the very first eBook readers.
- It was between 1998 and 2000 when the first true eBook readers came into existence. It was Softbook reader and Gemstar produced the first true eBook readers
- By the end of 2003, eBook reader and accessories manufacturing companies saw a decline in sales because of their monotonous designs and because of the fact that people were more inclined towards reading their favorite books the way they were supposed to be.
- Sony released eBook reader by the name Libre that utilized eInk (electronic ink). The annoying glare from the backlit was a thing of past as eInk on the PDA’s were more comfortable to read.
- It was only before the year 2010 that unleashed a whole new separate platform of eBook reader and accessories. Amazon (Kindle) and iPhone released eBooks and accessories that were initially sold only in the country. As the eBook reading picked up popularity, these eBooks readers started being sold globally.
- Today there are a like a “gazillion” varieties of eBook readers and accessories that avid readers can lay their hands on. These eBook readers now come with a plethora of features such as online bookshelves, music playback and internet browsing and much more. They offer accessories with eBooks that enhance the reading experience. To get the best eBook readers and accessories, read the reviews available on the internet and visit the manufacturer’s official website to know more about these eBook readers and accessories.
Pros And Cons Of Ebook ReadersRead More...
It is that time of the year where you would be getting electronic appliances and deals at the most competitive prices. There is no best thing than being a reader fanatic and a tech geek at the same time. e-Book readers and accessories are one of the electronic devices that are sold out like hot cakes.
An ordinary eBook reader weighs anywhere under 10 ounces. You can jam in as many as eBooks you please in one single device rather than carrying around a pile of books in a bag.
Consider a scenario where you plan on reading a random book. If you own an eBook reader, you don’t need to go to a bookstore or order one from a website and wait for it to be delivered to your doorstep. All you need to do is download the book on your eBook and start reading it at your convenience anytime, anywhere. When compared with traditional books, newly released books are much cheaper with eBook versions. A wide variety of eBooks (including the classic editions) have entered the public domain and thus are freely available on the online portal of the eBooks.
- Ergonomically convenient
One of the best things about using an eBook is its ergonomic convenience. eBook readers and accessories manufacturers, design eBooks in such a way that they can be efficiently held with just one hand. You can turn the page on an eBook reader without having to use the other hand. This comes in handy when you are using a public transportation that is rather crowded. The same is not the case with reading a paperback traditional book. There is always a fear of losing out on turning more than one page if you are not in a comfortable space.
- More than just an eBook
eBook readers and accessories manufacturers have grown out and gone ahead with providing features in the eBooks that are more than just for reading. You can listen to music and browse the internet while you read favorite books in your eBook reader. You could do that with a traditional book as well but, you’d need a separate smart device which would be very inconvenient.
- No “second-hand” option
Unlike in traditional books, where you can get a book that you have not read at, second-hand prices. There is no such provision in eBook readers. It is possible that you may end up paying the same price or a lot more for certain books.
- No option of lending out a book
Forget buying second-hand books, you cannot lend or borrow a book from a friend like you can with traditional cover books. There are a very few eBooks that let you do that but then you might have to compromise on some or the other factors.
- Not a real book after all
While many of you might not completely agree with this disadvantage, if you are a paperback cult reader and like the idea of turning the pages the way they are meant to, you might find reading your favorite book from an eBook reader rather daunting and even disconnecting. Many eBook readers and accessories manufacturers try their best to give their users the same feel of a traditional book but it is an electronic book reader at the end.
Some Interesting Features Of Ebook Readers That You Should KnowRead More...
If you are an avid reader, reading books on eBook readers can be an amazing experience. The biggest advantage of using an eBook is that all your favorite reads are stored in one place in one huge portable library. In addition, it comes with a plethora of features. So much that the device feels like an understatement.
If you are one of those eBook reader and accessories fan and still need some convincing, the following features of eBook might nudge you into buying one for yourself.
Let us first take a look at why eBook readers are better than paper books:
- Making notes
Almost every eBook reader provides their users the feature of creating and archiving notes. Thus, you can type a note on your eBook rather than scribbling the notes separately on a paper or writing down at the corner of the margin.
- Look-up for words
Okay, so you are a reader, it does not necessarily mean that you would be aware of every word that is out there in the dictionary. Writers and poets alike use some of the most esoteric words which you might not be aware of. There are some eBook readers and accessories that let you tap on a word which opens a small window below the word explaining its meaning.
- Social highlighting
Social media is a way of life. With posting photos and videos online, It has become a huge platform to share your ideas and thoughts and connect with anyone located oceans away. Most eBooks let you highlight a quote from a page and lets you post on social media. In a similar way, you can also browse the internet and find the most highlighted quote.
Similar to the word look up feature, you can also search for the topics and keywords in your eBook readers and accessories or even out of the web. This augments the user’s reading experience.
Now that we have established why eBook readers can be better than paper books, let us take a look at features that different the most competitive eBook readers and accessories manufacturers have to offer.
- Keep the track of your favorite characters
Although an unusual feature, this feature allows you to find information of your characters, ideas and other notable items, so that you don’t get lost. A disadvantage here is that Android apps don’t have this feature.
- Wiki and search integration
There are some features offered by eBook reader and accessories manufacturers that let you select a word and find more information about it on the internet.
- Search scan feature
Almost all the books have the feature which is available in Google Play. Search scan in Kindle as well as play books provide this feature to search modern eBooks. Although you may not find older books that are made out of scanned page. Google has recently added the ability to search for scanned pages.
- Language translation
This feature is made available by almost all eBook readers and accessories manufacturers. The language translator by Google Play is a universal translator that works pretty well for you to get the gist of words and sentences that you might not be able to understand. All you need to do is select the word or a sentence and tap on the “action” icon from the bar. Choose the preferred language that you want the word or the text translated into.
These are just some of the highlighted features that are offered by most of the eBook and accessories manufacturers. Proprietary features make every other eBook reader even more unique. Visit the official website of the eBook reader manufacturer you wish to buy for more information.
- Making notes
4 Top Rated Home Audio Systems To BuyRead More...
Your living room deserves an amazing home audio system. If you have a comfortable couch and a big flat screen TV, the only thing you’re missing is a loud home audio system. It is the one thing that can change your living room into a home theatre or a music hall. If you are having a party, it can hardly be a success without music. But having said all of that, finding a home audio system that fits your room space and your budget is not very easy to find. So, here is a list of the top home audio systems in the market. If you are looking for a high end acoustic HD sound equipment to give you a theatre-like feel or a low budget one, you will find it on this list. Read along:
- Best overall: Nakamichi shockwafe pro 7.1 400W 45” sound bar
It is the best home audio system in the market right now, if you are not restricted by a budget. It does not give you any hassle of space as it does not have a full receiver, the sound bar is aesthetically pleasing and has an amazing audio output. It has a massive 7.1 channel 400-Watt output which is ideal for your living room, no matter if you are watching movies or listening to music. It might not blast music into the room, but it definitely gives you a rich sound experience. The bar has five sealed speaker chambers and six DSP chipsets, it creates an acoustic wideness that gives life to your media with DSP EQ modes. It sets up with 11 tuned speaker drivers as well as an included eight-inch wireless subwoofer.
- Second best overall: Bose SoundTech 30 Series III
Bose is known all over the world for its amazing sound quality and the enthralling atmosphere it creates around the room. It has the capacity to capture every single music tone, lyric, guitar strum, bass note and pin-drop from the music. This is a one-piece system so setting up is not an issue at all, and its patented technology is engineered to bring deep and robust sound quality to any room, large or small. These speakers are Bluetooth-enabled and can be added to other speakers, making your room a music blast. There is a SoundTouch app that allows you to connect to these speakers through your home Wi-Fi from your smartphone or your computer. And not just that, you also have access to music services like Pandora, Spotify, and SiriusXM in just one touch.
- Best Budget: Sonos Play 1
This speaker is by far the best speaker in its category, it earns the ‘best budget speaker’ title with ease. However, it only has a Wi-Fi support and no other connectivity, but that could also be seen as a blessing in disguise. It loses some marks on the design, but has amazing sound output and is complete value for money product. It is the cylindrical shape, but isn’t designed for portability as it is 4.7 inches wide, 6.4 inches deep and weighs 4.1 pounds. The setup for this product is really simple, you just need to download the Sonos app and follow the basic instructions. Although you might have to stick to the sonos app for the music as it does not support either Airplay or Bluetooth. You can still stream the music through all the music streaming apps. It is tiny, but it can power up an entire room with volume and sound all it requires is a wall outlet connector.
- Best Under $75: Logitech surround speakers Z506
This speaker is the most affordable speaker in the market, given the fact that it is priced below $75. It is a complete package with 6 speakers, wired two-channel sourced 5.1 and a 3D stereo surround sound system. Even if it does not have bluetooth connectivity, this speaker comes with enough sound to fill up a room with music and in some cases, rattle a few windows.
- Best overall: Nakamichi shockwafe pro 7.1 400W 45” sound bar
Top 5 feature-rich tablets for kidsRead More...
Gone are the days when tablets offered mediocre performance and only basic features. Today, tablets are as good as miniature laptops. You can buy them for your personal use or give them to your children for school work and entertainment. Here is our list of the best tablets for kids.
Apple iPad 10.2 2020
Apple iPad 2020 is easily one of the best tablets for kids. This model comes with a super-fast A12 Bionic processor and works stress-free. You can add a screen guard to protect the device and give it to your kids for their school work or to catch up on the latest videos. The best advantage of this tablet is that it can double up as your work gadget when needed. Besides, it is among the more affordable Apple laptops in the market.
Amazon Fire 7
If you are on a very tight budget, Amazon Fire 7 is one of the best tablets you can buy for your kids. The device has pretty decent front and back cameras and a microSD slot too. It weighs just 0.6 pounds and can be easily handled by your little ones at home. If you think your kids are too young to use expensive tablets, this model is a perfect pick.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
This is another top tablet for kids due to its affordability and quality. The Galaxy Tab is slim and comes with a 10.4 inch HD screen and 32 GB storage. Your kids can easily take video classes through the tab or listen to songs and rhymes.
Lenovo Tab M10 Plus
This 10.3-inch FHD tablet runs on Android and comes with 64 GB storage and 4 GB RAM. The model is also equipped with two microphones, one at the front and the other at the back, and two side speakers. You can also choose Kids Mode on the gadget to hide unsafe websites, content, and apps.
Fire HD 8 Kids
With an 8-inch HD display, the Fire HD 8 Kids tablet is perfect for children between three and seven. This comes with a two-year warranty and a protective case too. Free online books, audiobooks, games, videos, and other kid-friendly apps come preloaded on the tablet, making it one of the easiest and best tablets for kids.
Make a note of all these best tablets for kids and pick a suitable model for your child. Age-appropriate gadgets really make a difference!
6 Essential Tips For Buying A Portable Audio-Video PlayerRead More...
Portable audio and video players are entertainment devices for on-the-go. For people who want to listen to music while they work out, or watch movies or television series during their long commute to work, portable audio and video devices are one of the must-have devices. These devices have a large storage space for multimedia. Although smartphones have now incorporated all the features of such devices, the multimedia applications on these phones do drain the battery. In such cases, using a dedicated multimedia device such as a portable audio and video device can be handy. These devices are available in various sizes and with different features. Here are a few things to look for while buying a portable audio and video player:
- Size of the device: The size of the screen and the body determines the size of the portable audio and video device. If you are planning to watch a lot of videos (movies and series), you should buy a device with a larger screen size. A small screen will ruin the viewing experience as you would not be able to make out most of the details of the video that you are watching. If you want a portable audio and device mostly for listening to music while you work out or run, you will prefer a device that is lighter and smaller in size to be easily carried along. The price of your device will greatly depend on the size. A device with a larger size will cost more.
- Battery life of the device: The battery life of your portable audio and video device is one of the most important factors you should consider while buying one. A longer battery life will ensure that you can enjoy listening to your music or watching movies for a longer time without recharging the device. If you look at the specifications of most portable audio and video devices, you will notice that there are separate battery ratings for audio playback and video playback. Usually, audio playback runs longer than video playback on a single recharge. Pick your portable audio and video device based on how you plan to use it.
- Storage capacity: A majority of the portable media players come with the option of storing media files on external devices such as flash memory, hard drives, and removable flash cards. Some portable devices have their own internal memory storage. Along with this, most devices have expandable memory. More memory may mean an increase in price.
- Control functions: Control functions of portable media devices include playback, stop, pause, fast forward, and rewind of media files. Control functions also let you navigate through the media files of the device. Control functions also include volume control and advanced functions such as renaming files, sorting them, deleting them, etc. Buttons or touchscreen or both provide control functionality in portable audio and video devices. Portable players with touchscreen cost more than the one with buttons.
- The interface of the device: A portable audio and video portable device should have a user-friendly interface. The interface should be easy for the user to navigate through the various controls of the device. The interface includes various control functions and other visual cues on the device. Pick a device that has a simple interface that lets you find all the controls and navigate through the device quickly.
- Playback features of the device: This includes the various formats of the media files in your device. Make sure that your portable audio and video device supports at least the basic file formats that includes music files, video files, as well as photos. For a better experience, look for a player that supports advanced formats of media files as well.
Here’s What You Need To Know About Smart ClothingRead More...
Smart clothing is a type of wearable technology that is still being explored by various markets. Its fabric is implanted with interactive technology which is primarily used for tracking fitness goals. And even though it’s not mainstream as yet, it undoubtedly has a lot of potential to be the next decade’s most sought-after product. Therefore, thrilled with the possibilities of smart clothing, several manufacturers today have come up with their original products.
If you are wondering how this such kind of wearable technology can be beneficial for you, then read further.
- Ease – For some people, wearing a fitness tracker around the wrists or the arm can be extremely uncomfortable. This is because it can retain a lot of sweat around the area and cause skin irritation. On the other hand, smart clothing comes in various apparel forms which are highly inconspicuous and light. The best part about these is that brands have scaled several heights to make them incredibly comfy. So, you won’t even notice the difference between regular and smart clothing.
- Accurate numbers – Typically, statistics projected on most wearable technology products are correct. However, at times devices can process faulty information which always fuels the debate about how reliable they can be for fitness monitoring purposes. Smart clothing has an added advantage, i.e., the sensors within are much closer to the body so that they can offer precise data about exercise regimes and pulse rates.
- Additional data – Apart from the standard heart rate and motion tracking, currently some smart clothing brands are trying to take a comprehensive approach by monitoring the respiration rate as well. This can be extremely valuable as it gives you an insight into how you should manage your workout schedules as well as time-outs. For instance, if you do yoga exercises daily, smart clothing can be used to observe your breathing patterns, so that you can get better at executing complex postures.
- Healthcare applications – Not just for tracking your workout regimes, such wearable technology is also making its way in the healthcare sector. It can be used for keeping an eye on the infant’s breathing patterns and heart rates. Similarly, a few companies have come up with apparels that could help detect cardiovascular diseases.
- Convenience – Most smart clothing variants have to be washed by hand after detaching the monitoring devices from it. However, you can find products that have washable sensors, but at this point, this feature is only offered by a handful of brands. However, there is a good chance that brands in future will manufacture waterproof apparels to accommodate such consumer preferences.
- Connectivity – Like fitness wristbands, even smart clothing effortlessly connects to your smartphone. Not just for stats, some products can also utilize a social media space for active sharing. Some brands have also incorporated the feature of GPS tracking.
These products also termed as e-textiles, and are available in the form of shoes, bras, running shorts, suits, dresses, socks, trousers, jackets, etc. Besides fitness, smart clothing is increasingly becoming a subject of intrigue for ultra-modern fashion. So, in the coming years, they might be regular apparel to be seen on the store racks.
Hexoskin, Samsung NFC suit, Owlet Smart Sock 2, Nadi X yoga pants, SUPA Powered Sports Bra, Lumo Run, Levi’s x Google Jacquard Jacket, MyZone Sports Bra, Athos, Sensoria running socks 2.0, Neopenda smart baby hat, etc. are some of the popular products that you can consider buying. All of the wearable technology products mentioned vary according to the purpose and budget.
Apart from smart clothing, you can also explore different forms of wearable technology such as smart jewelry, intelligent wristbands and headbands, and smart watches, etc.
4 Popular 55-Inch Flat Screen TVs to Choose FromRead More...
55-inch televisions continue to be hugely popular and are steadily gaining market share. The benefit is that while it is sturdy and has many of the benefits of the 65-inch TV, it will not take up your entire wall. The newer 55-inch models come with many latest features which include HDR compatibility, 4K resolution, and smart TV interfaces. The following are four of the best 55-inch flat screen TVs available in the market.
The LG OLED is a clear winner in the 55-inch flat screen TV space. While it is available in 65 inches as well, the hardware has had significant improvements made as compared to its predecessors. The lookup table (LUT) and the Alpha-9 processor offer far superior processing and image quality. The set can also support better contrast when it comes to pictures; moreover, its shadow levels with wide viewing angles make it perfect for any space.
While the Sony XBR-55X900F is an LCD TV, it offers exquisite quality that is comparable to OLED TVs. With improvements made over time, it also gives viewers batter saturation and brightness with good images in dim lighting and no halo effect. The color gamut and motion handling are great with no stuttering images as well. It is also the best performer in the mid-range segment. Additionally, the use of Android TV allows for a wide range of content options to choose from.
TCL 6-Series Roku TV
This Roku TV from TCL is worth the money spent on buying it. While people with higher budgets will prefer higher-end TVs, such as LG’s OLED W8 or Samsung’s QLED, this TV is a great choice for those looking for great features for less than $1000. The HDR format is very good and the upscaling engine works fairly well too. The TV works well in brightly lit spaces, and while it may not offer the same performance as bigger brands, it is certainly worth the price.
B&O BeoVision Eclipse
For people who have no qualms about spending lavishly and have a big budget, the BeoVision Eclipse 55-inch flat screen TV is a great choice. Its stunning design with a motorized stand that allows viewing from any angle is enough to set tongues wagging. The OLED is made by LG and coupled with the black levels and color contrast with motion handling, it is really one of the best performers in the market today.
Atari game consoles – Fine features and controls to maximize your gaming experienceRead More...
When it comes to gaming consoles, Atari is a great choice owing to the consoles’ superb specifications which give you an unforgettable gaming experience. Atari offers a wide range of quality gaming consoles such as Atari Flashback 64, Atari 7800, and Atari Flashback 7 Deluxe. You can browse through the detailed specifications of Atari classics online and choose the console that suits your gaming needs.
The finest console features
Atari game consoles have well thought out brilliant features made with technological creativity. Atari Flashback 7 is available online at a list price of $ 69.99, while the retail price is usually lesser. For some of the best specifications, choose Atari Flashback 7 Deluxe console. The Flashback 7 is a small console and has a width of approximately 9 inches, depth of around 6 inches, and height of about 1.5 inches.
Atari Flashback 64 and Flashback 7 consoles are very light in weight. These Atari game consoles contain motherboards with quality dual-core custom chips.
Impressive controls ensure great gaming experience
Controls are one of the primary features of gaming consoles. The quality of controls can make or break your gaming experience. For this very reason, Atari game consoles comprise of enhanced control features. Atari 7800 game console is a great choice in terms of perfect controls. The Flashback 7 Deluxe is popular as well. The game consoles come with easy-to-move joysticks that perform well. The action button on the console is of high quality as well.
The consoles come with accessories
Accessories add to the value of game consoles. Game consoles such as Atari Flashback 64 are shipped with all the relevant accessories to maximize your gaming experience. Moreover, the Atari Flashback 64 gives good value for money. You can check out the specifications and buy it online. The game console comes with a 90-day warranty. Therefore, you can rest assured of quality and durability. The technology is top notch and the performance of the console is well known in the market.
Good audio and video quality
Game consoles by Atari are known for their impressive sound and video quality. They are capable of displaying a multitude of colors on screen from a 256+ color palette. You can browse through the sound specifications before buying the console. Atari game consoles also give you a good audio experience while gaming. Atari consoles ensure a great experience of audio-visual gaming.
Why choose Atari game consoles?
In a nutshell, Atari game consoles have some of the finest specifications to maximize your gaming experience. You can choose Atari for
– Easy-to-use features
– Great hardware architecture
– Smooth controls
– Value for money
– Quality accessories
– Graphical brilliance