Porch swings are known to add elegance to any home where these are used. Be it any season, summer or winter; porch swings will always attract anyone who visits your home. Here are some benefits of the porch swings.
- Encourage people to spend healthy time outdoors
People usually like to spend time indoors watching television or talking to family and friends. Even the lovely ambiance of outdoors is not able to pull them outdoors. It is at this time that porch swings come encourage people to sit out and enjoy the beauty of nature which they might have ignored all this while.
- Help tone muscles
Unknowing to you, porch swings have a distinct benefit in the way that it helps tone muscles of anyone who decides to sit on it. A person has to push and pull the porch swings to make them move. This ends up being a good exercise, and the muscles also get toned up.
- Enhance the look of the home
A blank outdoor area of any home looks dull. A beautifully painted and well-designed porch swing always adds elegance to the outdoors and makes it more robust and better. Children will always like to sit on the swing and will add the charm to the outer portion of the home, something which was always missing in the home.
- Provide health benefits
Porch swings also have numerous health benefits for the users. These are known to relieve stress, boost the circulation and improve overall concentration power of the person. With its back and forth movement, the porch swing is known to lower stress levels of a person. Swinging is also known to improve blood circulation, and therefore people who suffer from ailments related to blood also benefit immensely from using porch swings.
Material that can be used for porch swings
Different kinds of wood including cedar, teak, cypress, and pine can be used for making porch swings. If you decide to use cedar wood for the porch swing in your home, red cedar wood is the best material to be used. It comes in dark and light stains and is also environment-friendly. Red cedar wood is considered to be environment-friendly and is naturally biodegradable.
In case you desire to use teak wood, it will be a wise decision since this wood is preferred for its long-term endurance and hardness. Teak is also known to be resistant to fungus, mildew, water and wood eating insects.
The natural color variation which teak offers make it a preferred porch swing material. People who love to give a distinct look to the outdoors of their home.
Get your home a suitable porch swing and see for yourself, the change it brings to your home.
3 popular compact carsRead More...
Mahindra e2o hatchback (2016-2017)
Similar to the Renault Twizy, the Mahindra e2o happens to be an electric car, but unlike the Twizy, it also has proper doors and windows–a feature missing in the Twizy. It also happens to have two small rear and front boots, but these features do not make it a smart compact car. Long journeys are not possible with the Mahindra e20 hatchback due to its limited 79-mile range. Adults in the back seat will not exactly be comfortable due to the small leg room. The vehicle is long enough at just 3,278mm, without posing a problem for parking. A top off service offered is a mobile mechanic who can take care of the e2o’s annual services.
Toyota Aygo hatchback
Very similar to the Peugeot 108 and Citroen C1 is the Toyota Aygo. All three can be considered very similar and fall in the same segment. The Toyota Aygo hatchback measures 3,455mm from nose to tail, making it only ever so slightly shorter than the Citroen, which measures 3,466mm and the Peugeot that measures 3,475mm. All three even cost almost the same as the SEAT/Skoda/VW trio. They are, however, larger on the outside but have smaller boots, look good on the streets and provide the option of a fold-back roof panel that gives a surprisingly convertible look and aspect without the cost and complexity of an actual convertible.
Peugeot iOn hatchback
The Peugeot iOn hatchback comes with a high purchase price, which has made it a rare sight on the road despite being a compact, all-electric car. It has enough space for four people. The rear seats can be folded to make for a bigger boot. Long journeys are difficult, if not impossible, with the battery’s 93-mile range that gets depleted as per use. A 166-litre boot is available, although smaller than the others in the segment.
Designed well, the car has a feature where the weight of the battery steadies the car on sharp corners as compared to narrower and taller contemporary vehicles. Performance on the city roads is good.
Know which one is the best: electrolyte powder, tablets or drinksRead More...
Whether one is doing any strenuous physical activity or not, the body essentially needs to stay hydrated. We all know that the human body is made up of more than70 % water. But to stock up on water only is not sufficient when one is into intense physical workouts. To avoid the bloated feeling, retain energy levels, and maintain necessary salts, taking electrolyte drinks is the key to hydration.
To think Electrolytes are just a variation of salt would be a sin. By function, they are substances that break down to electrically conductive particles (called “ions”) when dissolved in a polar solvent. When mixed with a polar solvent, the electrolyte minerals become electrically charged. Electrolyte drinks form an essential part of consumption needs of the healthy functioning human body. For people who indulge in intense physical activity, it is important to maintain a proper balance of these nutrients.
Electrolytes can be salts, acids or bases and occur inside the body rarely. Calcium (Ca), Potassium (K), Sodium (Na), Chloride (Cl), Magnesium (Mg), Bicarbonate (HCO3) and Phosphate (HPO4) are crucial electrolytes that aid in the healthy functioning of the body. Losing of bodily fluids through activities results in electrolyte loss causing conditions like dehydration, diarrhea, vomiting, etc. Additionally, a person suffering from acute electrolyte loss is likely to be under an improper balance suffering from headaches, muscle cramps, fatigue, dehydration and in some cases even seizures.
Grueling physical activities like long-distance running and cycling etc. lead massive loss of electrolytes from the body. Various electrolyte replacements available in the form of electrolyte drinks, powder mixes, dissolvable tablets, performance chews, jelly beans, and supplements can be consumed to make up for such loss. Electrolyte replacements are taken in many forms- the most common of which are powders, tablets, and hydrating drinks. Let us go through their relative pros and cons to arrive at some conclusion.
- The powders simply require you to mix the stated volume of water and make the drink that helps you replenish electrolytes in your body.
- There is some amount of risk involved as the product may not work very well if the compositions are incorrect.
- The quantity is usually more than the drinks and the tablets which makes it affordable,
- It is often preferred by athletes since it gives them an option to make a drink according to their taste and results they would like to achieve.
- They are easily transferable and easy to carry when traveling. However, it is advised to take the prescription or proof of purchase while traveling abroad.
- With powders, you can achieve the desired taste
- Every athlete has different requirements. The requirement may also vary on certain days; therefore, powders are preferred as it helps meet their varied requirements.
- Using a correct proportion of juice or water with the powder is crucial. The wrong proportion may pose risk to health.
- It is essential that you carry clean water or packaged fluids and clean bottle to make the drinks.
- Give you an option to create an energy drink by just dissolving the tablet in water.
- Easy to carry and dissolve easily owing to their small size.
- They come in different flavors, which enhance the taste and provide necessary electrolytes to the body.
- They are usually as good as the hypertonic and isotonic drinks.
- Due to the convenience and ease of use, it is used extensively.
- One only requires a bottle and clean water.
- Often called ready to drink beverages as they do not require anything to be added.
- Can be consumed directly from the bottle making it convenient to use.
- They are produced keeping in mind the requirements of the athletes – so all you got to do is drink up.
- Come in nice and convenient packaging to keep it from spilling and can be carried easily.
- While traveling, it can be bulky and add up a lot of weight to the luggage.
- The drinks usually taste good and are also very hydrating.
- Ease of availability – can be brought off the stores and discarded after consumption, unlike the counterparts.
Choosing out of the three is a matter of convenience and personal choice, Electrolyte drinks are however most popular and are also the most popular buys.