Hyponatremia is a medical condition in which the sodium level in the bloodstream becomes abnormally low. Under normal circumstances, the sodium level ranges between 135-145 milliequivalents per liter (meq/L). When sodium reaches below 135 meq/L, doctors call it as hyponatremia.
Sodium is essential for the functioning of the muscles and nervous system of the body. It also helps to maintain the blood pressure level within the standard range. A person may require immediate medical intervention if hyponatremia becomes critical. Read on to know more about the causes of hyponatremia and a few ways to prevent it:
Causes of Hyponatremia
Here are few medical and lifestyle factors which are probable causes of hyponatremia.
- Side-effects of medication: Certain medications such as diuretics, analgesics, and antidepressant pills may alter the functioning of specific hormones and kidney, which may ultimately lower the sodium level in the blood to 135 meq/L units or less.
- Heart, liver, and kidney disorders: Individuals suffering from heart, liver, and kidney disorders have a high probability of developing hyponatremia. These medical conditions lead to fluid accumulation in the body which may dilute the sodium concentration and ultimately lower its level in the bloodstream.
- High level of Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): There is a medical condition known as “syndrome of inappropriate anti-diuretic hormone (SIADH)” where the anti-diuretic hormone (ADH) gets stimulated. It leads to water retention in the body and the formation of less quantity of urine. This increases the level of sodium in the blood and can be a cause of hyponatremia.
- Dehydration: Sometimes one may suffer from vomiting and diarrhea which may ultimately lead to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance in the body fluids. The ADH level in the blood also increases to retain the water. This can lead to hyponatremia. Rehydrating the body with electrolyte solution either orally or intravenously helps to manage the condition.
Prevention of Hyponatremia
Though hyponatremia is an acute medical condition which may lead to many complications, yet there are ways of preventing its occurrence. Here is a list of some measures which one can use to avoid hyponatremia.
- Drinking water in moderation: It is always recommended to drink too much water. An excess of water will change the concentration of body fluids. Thirst and urine are the best indicators of the hydration level in the body. When one does not feel thirsty or if the urine is pale in color, it indicates that there is enough water in the body so one doesn’t need to continue drinking water.
- Drink sports beverages during workouts and practice sessions: When one takes part in intense activities like marathons, triathlons, and swimming, it is better to consume sports beverages containing all essential electrolytes instead of water.
Dickies – Everything you need to knowRead More...
Known for their best-selling work pants, Dickies started its journey in the year 1922 and is the world’s largest workwear manufacturer in the world.
With stores in every city of USA, Dickies offers a wide range of quality work garments that are comfortable to wear. They also offer garments for kids. Let’s take a look at them in detail.
Work Garment For Men And Women
Starting from pants and jeans to shirts and shorts, Dickies offer everything that an hard-working individual might need to wear. There are coveralls and overalls as well.
Dickies work pants are comfortable and are available in different colors like beige, navy, black, white, and blue. They have a formal finish and ideal for blue-collar jobs.
They offer a wide variety of jeans as well. Starting from highly functional jeans for carpenters that come with many pockets for their tools to the classic 5-pocket styling jeans, they offer all. Other varieties include double knee and insulated ones.
Dickies has a huge collection of stylish jeans for women too. From slim fit and skinny fit jeans to denims with a boot cut, you get all here. Carpenter jeans for women are also available.
Shorts to are available in different styles. There are cargo and carpenter shorts that are comfortable to wear and there are flat front shorts that are designed to give you a relaxed look. Denim shorts and multi-pocket shorts are also available. Cargo skirts and capris are available for women.
Work shirts from Dickies are among the best that you can opt for. These come with moisture-wicking technology that keeps you dry all day long. Industrial shirts from Dickies are comfortable to wear and suitable for various kinds of industrial work.
Dickies also offers button-down shirts that you can wear to the office. Both short sleeves and long sleeve varieties are available. Women too have a wide range to choose from. Women can buy jackets and hoodies from Dickies too.
There are round-neck and polo t-shirts as well that you can opt for as well. Graphic tees from Dickies are quite popular and are available in different patterns.
Dickies offers coveralls and overalls too along with footwear for men and women as well. Accessories include socks, backpacks, and belts.
How To Shop Online?
Shopping online is easy on Dickies website. You can choose your gender from the top of the homepage. As you click on your gender, you’ll get redirected to a new page where you’ll find all the product categories listed on the left-hand side of the web page.
You can choose in terms of the product category or in terms of the activity you need the garment for. Starting from chefwear to painter’s wear, you’ll get everything at the Dickies online store.
5 creative garden ideas you must tryRead More...
A lot of people splurge big money on creating a garden area that is visually attractive, creative, as well as relaxing. From creative layout plans to buying expensive items, they go to great lengths to create a stunning outdoor space.
And, why not? As a well-designed garden can beautify the outdoor space and also become a place for relaxation for the family.
That is why the task of designing a garden may seem like a hectic one, but it is every bit worth the effort. And, nowadays, there are tons of garden decoration items like containers, sculptures, and much more available in the stores.
Adding these items to the garden space can enhance its charm. With just a little bit of creativity, you can easily create a beautiful and relaxing garden area.
Here, we have rounded up five noteworthy creative garden ideas that can help you transform the outdoor space into a beautiful and cozy environment.
Hanging baskets for plants and flowers are a popular choice. They can save a great deal of space and also enhance the charm of the garden area. You can either buy hanging baskets from nearby stores or use already existing ones to transform your garden into a creative space.
Antique-style furniture can be a fantastic addition to the garden. Placing it in the garden can transform the outdoor space into a creative and cozy environment. It’s best to opt for metal or plastic antique furniture for the garden.
Garden trellis is used to provide support to the climbing plants. These are available in various shapes and sizes. Put them in your garden for climbing plants like clematis, ivy, vining flowers, etc. These plant-support structures can beautify your garden.
This is one of the most popular creative garden ideas that you should try. If you have ever checked front yard landscaping pictures online, you may have noticed how popular floral borders are and also how incredible they make the entire space look.
Using recycled items to decorate the garden area is a huge trend these days. First, it is a great way to use items which you do not need anymore. Second, the presence of recycled items can make your garden area look like a work of art.