3 important elements to master the art of photography
Photography is nothing short of an art form, which is why understanding the basics before you can even think of buying a professional grade camera for practice is essential. The right equipment, coupled with the right set of skills will help you go a long way and maybe one day even enable you to make a living out of taking pictures and auctioning or selling it to stock photo agencies. The concepts of camera and photo basics are applicable for still as well as digital photography.
A Digital Single Lens Reflex or DSLR camera is the best and basic equipment in professional photography to get started with the basic camera and photo concepts. Three very important points to understand while taking a picture include the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO (light sensitivity).
- The shutter speed refers to the movement of shutter elements in a professional grade camera that allows you to capture different types of images.
- It refers to the time taken by the shutter to open and shut, allowing the light to fall on camera sensors for the image to be created.
- Low shutter speed and high shutter speed images can be achieved by moderating the shutter snap. The concept behind shutter speed is quite simple, the longer the duration of which shutter remains open, more is the time allowed for light to enter and create the image on sensors and vice versa.
- High shutter speed will allow photographers to capture high-speed images, like a race car or any fast moving object without the image getting blurred.
- Low-speed shutter imaging allows for standard photography, with the universal shutter speed set at 60 which is 1/60th of a second to capture the image.
- While shutter speed controls the duration for which light can enter, aperture controls the amount of light which is permitted on the sensors. This will determine whether the captured image is too bright or too dark, depending on the aperture settings.
- Aperture has to be adjusted according to different lighting conditions to capture a perfectly created image, which is not too bright or dark without compromising any of the elements within the frame.
- Aperture also controls the depth of field which also modulates the foreground and background objects composed within the frame.
- Higher the aperture setting more will be the depth of field allowing decreased focus on a particular object and vice versa.
- A shallower depth of field will allow more focus on the foreground objects, by blurring the background.
- Also referred to as light sensitivity, the ISO is adjusted keeping in mind shutter speed and aperture to determine the perfect exposure for any image.
- In simple terms, the sensor will not be very sensitive to light with a low ISO number as opposed to a higher number that indicates high sensitivity.
When shutter speed, ISO, and aperture are all combined, the exposure levels can be modified with ease to find the perfect balance between all colors. It takes a considerable amount of time and practice to find the right balance between all three after understanding the theory of all camera and photo concepts.
It is also important to understand the composition of any camera and photo shot since what will be included within the frame will determine aspects like shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings after the proper white balance has been done. White balance is done to produce true RGB colors for the image by calibrating the camera settings to pure white color composition preset.
The composition also depends on camera and photo concepts like rule of thirds, looking direction, head room, nose room and distance from the object you want to capture. This will again depend on the type of object or type of landscape you want to capture in your frame and composition.
4 ways to save on communication expensesRead More...
Living on a tight budget in today’s expensive city life is very difficult and tasking. A lot of people move to bigger cities for making a better living. While living in a busy city might be a dream for many, it is quite difficult to save up and cut back on expenses for the common man. With several users, cell phones have now become a necessity. However, with an increasing number of people using cell phones, the cost of communication is on the rise in big cities. Moreover, since many businesses solely run on communication the cost of cell phones and the related services is ever increasing. Therefore, to cut down on communication expenses, many people are applying for free government cell phones. Here are a few simple tips to save up those extra bucks while living the big expensive city life.
Apply for free government cell phones
The government has been helping citizens with taking care of their expenditure and savings. These days, a lot of people are applying for free government cell phones, which help you in saving up funds. With free government cell phones, the government pays for your calls and texts and completely takes care of all your mobile payments. However, when applying for free government cell phones, the government keeps track of your income, taxes, food stamps, etc. to ensure you fall under the category to avail of free government cell phones. This helps you cut back on phone-related expenses like mobile data, calls, and texts.
Apart from applying for free government cell phones, some other ways to save money are as follows:
Use electricity saving electronics
A lot of brands these days create energy saving electronics and equipment to ensure you save up on electric charges. Brands create energy saving bulbs, lights as wells as refrigerators, televisions and air conditioners which consume less electric current. These are divided into 4-star to 5-star savers, which save max electricity. These types of power saving equipment and electronics are expensive, but this should not scare you from investing in them as these are long-term power saving options. The more you use these electronics, the more you save up on electricity bills.
Opt for kitchen gardening
Grow your vegetables and herbs in your kitchen garden or balcony gardens. The first months before the first harvest are the longest, but if you are patient enough, your tiny kitchen and balcony gardens can yield the best harvest which you can use for weeks! You can have your very own organic fruits and vegetables without paying huge amounts for these in supermarkets!
Use local transport
Use the local buses, trains, and metros to reach to your work or everyday destinations in the lowest fares and on time. This not only saves your money but also saves your time which you will end up wasting in hours of traffic. With the rising fuel prices, use your car or bike only for short distance traveling and shopping.
Google Pixel 2 reviewRead More...
Google’s Pixel 2 is one of the most popular Android phones reviews people want to read. If you are looking for fair Android, iOS, or Windows phone reviews online, you are in the right place.
Below is a review of the Google Pixel 2, which will help you to make a fair and judicious choice before you head to the store to make the final purchase.
Starting at about $649, Google Pixel 2 is a viable smartphone which is a good combination of software from Google and a good camera packed into the smartphone.
In many Android phone reviews, a mention of the design aspect of Google Pixel 2 has been made. It measures 5.7 x 2.7 x 0.3 inches and fits easily into a single hand. This aspect has earned it much acclaim among mobile phone reviews as many people prefer a smartphone that can easily fit in one hand.
Its metal and glass back add a unique texture feel to the smartphone and makes it truly viable for the cell phone users. Different android phone reviews also point out that Google Pixel 2 is available in white, black, or blue-grey colors, which offers ample options for the avid cell phone users who might only wish to purchase the Google Pixel 2 smartphone. However, this smartphone does not have any memory card slot, no headphone jacks and no dual-SIM version which has not gone well in different android phone reviews available for Google Pixel 2.
- Battery and connectivity
Mobile phone reviews also highlight the battery aspect and connectivity options available for Google Pixel 2. It offers ample Wi-Fi support which is at par with that available for Samsung Galaxy smartphones and has Bluetooth 5.0 and NFC features. It comes packed with a 2700 mAh battery that lasts 8 hours and cannot be considered very good for a smartphone of the size of Google Pixel 2 according to android phone reviews available for Google Pixel 2.
Google Pixel 2 is known for its camera capabilities, a rare feature that has earned it accolades in different mobile phone reviews. It has a 12.2-megapixel camera that is considered among the best smartphone cameras.
Google Pixel 2 has another amazing feature that none of the Android smartphones on the market can offer. This smartphone comes with exclusive Google assistance feature which can make your life easier in a lot more ways than you might be able to think about.
Google has its own dedicated set of customers, and they have taken up Google Pixel 2 will gain much appreciation and acknowledgment. The smartphone despite its many shortcomings is undoubtedly worth purchasing, and you should definitely give it a try, in case you are still waiting to buy the same.