3 important elements to master the art of photography
Photography is nothing short of an art form, which is why understanding the basics before you can even think of buying a professional grade camera for practice is essential. The right equipment, coupled with the right set of skills will help you go a long way and maybe one day even enable you to make a living out of taking pictures and auctioning or selling it to stock photo agencies. The concepts of camera and photo basics are applicable for still as well as digital photography.
A Digital Single Lens Reflex or DSLR camera is the best and basic equipment in professional photography to get started with the basic camera and photo concepts. Three very important points to understand while taking a picture include the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO (light sensitivity).
- The shutter speed refers to the movement of shutter elements in a professional grade camera that allows you to capture different types of images.
- It refers to the time taken by the shutter to open and shut, allowing the light to fall on camera sensors for the image to be created.
- Low shutter speed and high shutter speed images can be achieved by moderating the shutter snap. The concept behind shutter speed is quite simple, the longer the duration of which shutter remains open, more is the time allowed for light to enter and create the image on sensors and vice versa.
- High shutter speed will allow photographers to capture high-speed images, like a race car or any fast moving object without the image getting blurred.
- Low-speed shutter imaging allows for standard photography, with the universal shutter speed set at 60 which is 1/60th of a second to capture the image.
- While shutter speed controls the duration for which light can enter, aperture controls the amount of light which is permitted on the sensors. This will determine whether the captured image is too bright or too dark, depending on the aperture settings.
- Aperture has to be adjusted according to different lighting conditions to capture a perfectly created image, which is not too bright or dark without compromising any of the elements within the frame.
- Aperture also controls the depth of field which also modulates the foreground and background objects composed within the frame.
- Higher the aperture setting more will be the depth of field allowing decreased focus on a particular object and vice versa.
- A shallower depth of field will allow more focus on the foreground objects, by blurring the background.
- Also referred to as light sensitivity, the ISO is adjusted keeping in mind shutter speed and aperture to determine the perfect exposure for any image.
- In simple terms, the sensor will not be very sensitive to light with a low ISO number as opposed to a higher number that indicates high sensitivity.
When shutter speed, ISO, and aperture are all combined, the exposure levels can be modified with ease to find the perfect balance between all colors. It takes a considerable amount of time and practice to find the right balance between all three after understanding the theory of all camera and photo concepts.
It is also important to understand the composition of any camera and photo shot since what will be included within the frame will determine aspects like shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings after the proper white balance has been done. White balance is done to produce true RGB colors for the image by calibrating the camera settings to pure white color composition preset.
The composition also depends on camera and photo concepts like rule of thirds, looking direction, head room, nose room and distance from the object you want to capture. This will again depend on the type of object or type of landscape you want to capture in your frame and composition.
5 most expensive luxury car brands in the worldRead More...
The entire process of buying a dream car involves a lot of planning and critical thinking. And, in the end, you choose the one that fits your budget and satisfies your need for a comfortable luxury car. Owning a modest luxury car shouldn’t stop us from being inquisitive and admiring what beauties the most expensive luxury car brands come up with every year. The most expensive luxury cars that are manufactured by the most sought-after brands in the world have a legacy to fall back on. People even purchase cars solely on the basis of the brand.
Here’s a list of the most expensive luxury car brands in the world who have to their credit the fact they have given the world the most expensive luxury cars to admire.
- Rolls-Royce– Rolls-Royce, established in the year 1906, has lived up to its reputation of manufacturing the best cars in the world. This was why Rolls-Royce was a favorite back in the good old days, and even now this brand commands immense respect. The superior engineering quality and precision with which every car is engineered and manufactured have led to this car brand becoming one of the most trusted car brands in the world, and also an expensive one.
- Mercedes-Benz– Known to manufacture one of the most expensive luxury cars in the world, Mercedes-Benz has an ardent fan following. The different models have always managed in capturing people’s attention and has been a favorite of politicians, businessmen, and movie stars alike. The sleek design, the elegance it radiates and the comfort it provides are what has kept this car brand thriving.
- Bentley Motors– Bentley Motors has carved a niche for itself in the past few years by endearing itself to its users and the rest of the masses. Known to be the home to the most expensive luxury cars and SUVs, Bentley Motors produces the quintessential luxury cars that are comfort and class personified. Also, it scores well on the speed and other technical quotients, so here’s a luxury car that is accounted for on all fronts.
- Aston Martin Lagonda Limited– Here’s a manufacturer of the most expensive luxury cars in the world who knows how to combine the spunk the current generation needs, and the class that the older generation is drawn to. So stylish are the cars that even the eternal spy couldn’t resist it. Thus, it has been a part of one of the most popular Bond movies as well.
- Porsche AG– This German car company is one of the leading manufacturers of the most expensive luxury cars in the world. Owing to its German roots, one cannot harbor doubts regarding its engineering and the efficiency of the same. The speed and the magnificent exteriors are what sets these cars apart.
Carter’s – Because life is too short to wear boring clothes!Read More...
Kids clothing has grown into a billion dollar industry. The little ones may be adorably small in size, but the baby products and apparels industry is in no way that small. Every parent wants the best for their little angels and champs. The best care, the best toys, the best baby-care products and the best clothes. After all, today’s kids do tend to grow up in a very chic environment having a lot of exposure to fashion. Also, the spending power of an average American household has doubled in the past 10 years. So there isn’t any problem in adopting this lifestyle.
Carter’s was founded in Atlanta, Georgia in the year, 1865, by William Carter and soon became one of the leading brands in kids’ apparels. Today, they dominate the kids, babies and toddlers’ apparels market with 17% of the entire US market. Their range of products have grown from just basics like t-shirts, frocks and formal dresses to winter wear, swimsuits, festive wear , baby rompers, baby shoes, out wear and everything else. Along their journey, Carter’s has acquired and expanded internationally with some of the major players coming under their umbrella.
Wouldn’t it be nice if the best pair for your cute, little princess came with the best pricing as well? Carter’s does provide both online and offline discounts on all their collections. SAVE20, for example, is a Carter’s coupon code available frequently on their website. The popularity of Carters coupons is not surprising, considering that they provide everything parents are looking for right under one roof. The variety is also mind-blowing as well. They also make sure that, on festivals, extra discounts brighten up your mood. Like offering 60% discounts on dresses during Easter, up to 70% off during Christmas and so on.
However, offers and discounts are just one part of their marketing. They do make the best use of online platforms and social media to come up with some very innovative marketing. Like on Twitter, for one of their campaigns, the #carterslemonchallenge, they had asked parents to tag a picture or video of their kids’ funny reactions on tasting a lemon to stand a chance to win merchandises. Such campaigns were a real hit with the people as thousands of entries poured in. It is these kinds of sassy campaigns and ideas which makes it fun, even for the parents, to be associated with Carter’s.
However, discounts or no discounts, campaigns or no campaigns, the reason why Carter’s customers return back to them is because of the great quality of their products. Since inception, Carter’s has maintained the quality of every dress, every shoe and every accessory that it has manufactured. After all, that is precisely what parents want for their munchkins, isn’t it?