A Christmas meal often comprises of roasted turkey, honey glazed ham, roasted goose, rack of lamb, or even classic roast chicken. Finish it off with desserts, and you will have a grand satisfying holiday feast. To get the best out of such a delish meal, you can start off with some light appetizers to keep those hunger pangs at bay as well as save a lot of space for the huge Christmas dinner. Here are some light and savory appetizer recipes for Christmas:
- Marinated beet toasts with yogurt: This toast with a twist makes for a great appetizer as well as side dish. To make this Christmas recipe, you will need 1 pound precooked and vacuum-packed beets (sliced into 1/4-inch wedges), 1 small shallot (finely chopped), 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided), 1 teaspoon kosher salt (divided), ½ teaspoon black pepper (freshly-ground and divided), 1½ cup full-fat plain Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, one 1 pound loaf of whole-grain bread (sliced into ½ inches, toasted, and halved), 1 small bunch of radishes (thinly sliced), and 2 tablespoons of chopped chives. In a large bowl, mix the shallots, beets, vinegar, three tablespoons of oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper. Toss it once and set it aside. In a medium-sized bowl, mix the horseradish, yogurt, 1 tablespoon oil, and the remaining salt and pepper. Spread yogurt over each toast and top it with the marinated beets, chives, and radishes.
- Pears with blue cheese and prosciutto: This simple appetizer needs barely 10 minutes to be whipped up. You need 2 pears cut into 8 wedges, 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice, 1 cup arugula, 3 ounces of blue cheese cut into small pieces, and 6 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto cut in half, lengthwise. Toss the pears and the lemon juice in a large bowl. On a piece of prosciutto, layer a slice of pear, an arugula leaf, and a piece of cheese. Roll this up and serve.
- Tender greens with champagne vinaigrette: Made with fresh greens, this salad is a colorful addition to a Christmas meal. This Christmas recipe needs 2 ½ teaspoons of Dijon mustard, ¼ cup Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey, 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1 large shallot (finely chopped), 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, ½ cup fresh dill sprigs, ¾ cup fresh whole flat-leaf parsley leaves, 1 ½ tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves (roughly chopped), ¼ cup fresh chives (chopped), and ¼ cup fresh whole chervil leaves. To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and honey with 1 ½ tablespoon of water. Slowly, add oil to this while whisking. Combine the fresh greens in a large bowl and serve with the vinaigrette on the side.
The best weed trimmers to beautify your gardenRead More...
If you pride on having a green thumb and love gardening, then weeds are your worst nightmare. Weeds are not just detrimental for the plant’s growth, they make your yard look neglected. If you wouldn’t want your blanket flowers to wither away because of the weeds, then weed trimmers are your best friends.
Your dilemma doesn’t end here. There is a huge variety of weed trimmers to choose from. What if the one you just brought, instead of beautifying your lawn destroys it? Well, here are the best weed trimmers that would give you the results that you wish for.
The Husqvarna- This 17inch, 28 cc weed trimmer is the best equipment you can find for your garden. You needn’t fear about cutting yourself since it is quite user-friendly. Though the machine vibrates to some extent, you are safe since the vibrations won’t jerk the machine out of your hands. It is almost vibration-free to a certain point and can cut through the weeds with great ease. The semi-auto spool feeding is a feature that every owner finds useful.
GreenWorks- This light weight and affordable weed trimmer does its work efficiently. Do not let the light weight and low price fool you into thinking that it won’t be as effective as its counterparts. It is 18inches and 9.9lbs, equipped with a trigger handle designed to reduce the impact of the vibrations. Also, it has an additional control shaft on the handle that makes it easier for the user to maneuver it.
Black and Decker- This battery-powered weed trimmer is the best deal you can land up with if you are looking for something that is extremely powerful and worth every penny you can spend. It is cordless and thus, you are safe from problems caused by tangling of wires. Though it is battery-powered, it is light-weight and can make your garden weed-free in no time.
Hitachi- This 21.1cc machine is the perfect weed killer. It is a gas-powered weed trimmer that can weed out your entire lawn in no time. It has an anti-vibration system, is CARB compliant and to the delight of the owner is equipped with semi-auto spool feeding. If cost-efficient weed trimmer is what you are on the lookout for, then do not think twice before opting for this one.
Core- The environment-friendly wee d trimmer is the perfect choice for the ones who are concerned about the environment. It is gasless! The Conductor Optimized Rotary Energy (CORE) is responsible for its eco-friendly features.
So, the next time you go shopping for weed trimmers, you know what exactly to look for.
4 things to look for while choosing a gaming laptopRead More...
We are not called ‘generation next’ without reason. Technology is something we live with. Imagine a day without a smartphone or a laptop or without the Internet; almost unimaginable, right? We use technology for a lot of things—checking emails, social media, connecting with people, etc. Among all of these, gaming is also something that a lot of people have taken to, big time.
And while there are some brands like Asus, Acer, HP, Sony, and Dell laptops that offer some great options in gaming, a few things you need to keep in mind before purchasing one are:
- Graphics: A good graphics processing unit (GPU) is of utmost importance here. Nvidia is the latest in the GPU gaming scene. Some brands like HP, Acer, Asus, and Dell laptops come endowed with Nvidia.
- Display size: In the case of a gaming laptop, size does matter and a minimum of a 15-inch screen size would be ideal to enjoy a good gaming experience. The market also has laptops with a screen size of 17-inches, but that would be too much bulk to carry around, considering this is a laptop and not a desktop. Brands like Asus, HP, Acer and Dell laptops offer you wonderful screens with a 15-inch size option.
- SSD is the way to go: Also known as the solid-state storage device, SSDs were rather steeply priced in the past. Today, however, an SSD has become pretty affordable. From boot time to the time taken to launch a game, an SSD boosts the overall speed and performance of your laptop.
- Don’t forget the memory: A minimum 8GB RAM is essential for a gaming laptop. This will ensure your laptop doesn’t hang and runs smoothly while gaming. While you will find a few options with an 8GB RAM in Dell laptops, brands like HP and Acer offer you a higher memory option of around 16GB.
Our pick of the top five models for a fantastic gaming experience is Alienware 17 R4 (2017), Origin EON17-X 10 Series, Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming, Asus ROG Zephyrus (GX501VI), and HP Omen 17.